Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Good Bye

Sweet Lily's ashes


Hi all, Lily the Corgi's mama here.  It's been a while since Lily's last blog post and I know some of you were wondering what was going on.  It is with a broken heart that I must tell you that our dear, sweet, sassy, bossy, beautiful Lily has died.  In her earlier posts, Lily told you how she had suddenly been struck with seizures; despite the care of her vet Lily's seizures returned and were simply so severe that that they killed her.  When she was taken with the last seizure, I scooped her up to take her to the emergency vet, but realized Lily was gone before I even got her to our truck.  She died here at home, with me and her fur-siblings at her side.

Lily was a special corgi who had lived a short but full life.  Her daddy and I will miss her every day.  And someday, when the time is right, I'm sure we will welcome another dog into our home because Lily wouldn't want us to waste our love and our time in grief but would rather we give those things to save another dog.

If you have a dog of your own, please give him/her an extra belly scratch in memory of Lily the Corgi.  Even if you don't have a dog, you can remember Lily by donating a few dollars or a few hours or a few prayers to an organization that rescues dogs, as Lily was rescued.

Lily's sister Lucy the beagle mix has taken over Lily's Facebook page, but I think we'll just close the blog with this post.  Lucy may choose to start a blog page of her own later but for now, this will be goodbye.  I leave you with some pictures of our Lily the Corgi and say as she would have...

Til next time, take care of one another,

Love,

Lily the Corgi's mama






4 comments:

  1. Lily you will be missed. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I will miss you dear sweet Lily. I hope you get a chance to run and play with my Humphrey. Much love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's through tears that I write this. I had no idea Lily and Lucy were in the same home. My sweet Corgi Happi died at home in my arms many years ago, before I could get her to the vet. She had only become unwell the evening before, and 30 minutes before the vet opened, she headed to the Bridge....leaving me brokenhearted. As a fellow blogger, and dog lover....and Corgi lover supreme....I'm just so so sad for your loss. I'll give Rugby an extra big hug and belly rub today. Your post today was so sad, but so lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. We're learning to live a corgi-less life. A few days after we lost Lily, my sister's boy, Quincy the ancient wiener dog, died as well. Just a few weeks before Lily died, we decided to adopt our foster and learned he has heartworms. He's going to the vet tomorrow for the first of his heartworm treatments and I'm just a basketcase. I'm so worried about this aggressive treatment on his little body and I just can't imagine what I'll do if we lose yet another dog this summer. I know I'm worrying needlessly, but my heart has had enough. Hug on that Rugby for me; he is such a beautiful boy.

      Delete