Sunday, June 21, 2015

That's My Daddy


Nothing feels better than an ear scratch from daddy


Hi all, Lily the Corgi here, wishing Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  I am not ashamed to admit that I am a complete daddy's girl.  Don't get me wrong, I love my mama, but there's nothing like the relationship between a girl and her daddy.

My daddy does lots of things for me.  He takes me to the dog park and takes me on adventures.  He gets me food and buys me toys.  He gives me ear scratches and brushes my hair.  Daddy says he spends half his time filling our water bowl. 

Daddy always brings fresh water for us when we go for drives.

A great daddy will drop everything to take care of his babies. Yesterday, mama let us stay out in the yard while she ran to pick up some take-out food.  Daddy was gone for the weekend; he'd gone to Tulsa to help grandpa with a model train openhouse so mama was going to eat Indian food since daddy hates it.  Unfortunately, the food took longer than expected and we had to stay outside longer than we should have.  When mama got home and put us back in the cool house, I had some sort of seizure.  It was totally scary!  My sister Lucy has seizures but hers are different.  The seizure stopped and mama got me cooled off quickly. As soon as mama called daddy and told him about my problem, daddy hopped in the truck and drove straight home.  Mama had told him that I had recovered nicely and was doing okay, but daddy didn't care--he wanted to get home to see me for himself. 

Daddy came home to be sure I was okay; he's a good daddy.

Daddy takes us on hikes.  We go to different state parks and check out all the sights and sniffs we find along the way.  Sometimes I feel sorry for daddy (and mama) when we go on these hikes because all of us are rather wild walkers. We know how to behave on a leash, but when we see and smell all those enticing things, we forget our walking manners and start pulling and twirling around each other and causing all kinds of trouble.  If there is a body of water, whether a raging flood, a quiet lake, or a stagnant puddle, we are going to wade and/or swim in it.  Then when daddy helps me up in the back of the truck, he gets all muddy and stinky.  Taking me on a hike is an adventure in itself.

Daddy wrangling my sisters on a hike

Daddy goes away every day and I wish he'd stay home and play with us, but mama says he has to go to work so he can make money to buy us food and toys and such.  I don't understand the whole commerce idea, but I guess if daddy is going away to benefit us, that's okay with me.  But sometimes daddy goes away and it's not for work and I feel he should take me along--he goes to bowl and he goes to play disc golf.  I'm very sure I could sit nicely in a chair at the lanes and cheer him on, and get lots of attention from the other bowlers.  And I'm very sure I'd enjoy a day at the park barking at the guys throwing those discs (don't expect me to go chasing those things; that kind of behavior is not for a lady as refined as I am.)  

Despite the fact that daddy leaves me home more than he should, he really is a super good daddy and I love him very much.  Even when he pays attention to my sisters instead of me.  Even when he pets the foster dogs instead of me.  As long as he doesn't do it too much.  After all, he must remember, I'm his #1 Corgi Girl!

Happy Father's Day to my daddy, and to all the great dads out there!

Til next time,

Love ya,

Lily the Corgi
Me and my daddy...and an intruding foster dog



No comments:

Post a Comment